College and University search

Start Your Search

College Resources

Austin ACT Tutor

Quick Searches:

 Zip Code:
 Area Code:
 School Name:

Charter College

2221 E Northern Lights Blvd Ste 120
Anchorage, AK 99508

General Phone: 907-277-1000
Financial Aid Phone: 907-777-1314
Sector: Private for-profit, 4-year or above
Classification: Associates Colleges

< Back

Latest Charter College News

School troubles eyed at forum - Beloit Daily News

The advantages of charter schools and the troubling erosion of local control of schools was discussed during a forum at Beloit College Saturday. The discussion was part of a forum titled “The Wealth of Cities: Building Physical, Human and Civic Capital.”The day-long event included break out sessions on neighborhood redevelopment, libraries, parks, city centers, schools and citywide cooperation.During one session, experts shared the challenges in education today. With the state of Wisconsin paying two-thirds of the average public education, communities have less direct involvement, said Todd Berry, president of the Wisconsin Taxpayer's Association.Approximately 65 percent of the money funding K-12 education in Wisconsin comes from funds raised through state income and sales tax. The remaining 35 percent comes from sources including property taxes, federal aid and local fees.“The state pledged to pay two-thirds, on average, for public education. That set in motion the evolution of Wisconsin public education going from being locally funded and controlled to being more majority funded,” Berry said. “It's moving us in a troubling direction.”State control has resulted in public disengagement and a flight to private schools.One way to give back more control back to communities is to create charter schools, according to Senn Brown, secretary - more available